What is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus is a common condition that affects more than 10% of the world’s population every year. This condition causes a person’s nails to become discolored with a yellowish color or tint. As the condition worsens, the nail fungus could cause nails to separate from the nail bed and become brittle. Identifying this problem and beginning an effective nail fungus treatment is important to curing your nail fungus.
Nail Fungus Symptoms
Some of the most common nail fungus symptoms include the following:
- Discolored nails.
- Yellow streaks under the nails.
- Distorted or thickened nails.
- Brittle, crumbly, or ragged nails.
- Nails separated form the underlying skin.
- Buildup of debris.
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface.