What is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus also called onychomycosis , is a common condition estimated to affect up to 10 percent of the population worldwide. It can cause nails to become yellow or discoloured. As the infection advances, the nail can become thick, brittle, and separate from the nail bed.
Nail Fungus Symptoms
- Discolored nails
- Yellow streaks under the nails
- Distorted or thickened nails
- Brittle, crumbly or ragged nails
- Nails separated form the underlying skin
- Buildup of debris
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface